Monday, April 6, 2020

Lit 12 - April 6 - 17

Hi all!  I hope you are well! We will start writing PERSONAL essays this week and the next. If you look under "class notebook" I have given you some pointers on what some of the differences are between PERSONAL and LITERARY/EXPOSITORY essays.  Over the next week or so, I would like you to write for 45 minutes each on the following topics: 1) Simple gifts are the best.  2) It's important to learn from the past.  3) Dreams Take Us on Journeys. These topics are intentionally dull (from old provincials) - it is important that you make them colourful and unique.  First brainstorm the pedestrian responses and then mine your personal life.  Anyone who took Writing 12 knows more about personal essays if you want to ask Meena, Ghazal, Jacqueline, or Madison.  By Thursday of next week, I would like you to type up one of your responses and have it peer-edited by two class-mates. I'm going to put a poll up which you can like (whether or not you want me to choose your peer editors).  For Friday, April 17 you can hand your essay in under "assignments," and I will give you feedback. Cool news - I'm going to join your Lit 12 discussions from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment